Build a Deck with Becht Pride
There may be several reasons for you to build a deck.
It’s nice living space, and a place for you and your family to enjoy during nice weather.
However, building a deck is not always easy. Even for all the do-it-yourself people out there, constructing a deck isn’t the easiest job in the book.
The first step in planning a deck is to work out where to build it. For this, you need to consider the size, the shape, the location, and the neighboring landscape of the deck. Some of these features may be more important to you than the others, but you should always keep all of them in mind when you plan, design, and build a deck.
Factors to consider:
- Be sure to build the deck in a convenient location. Is there proper access to and from the house to the deck? Is there an existing wall or a door that needs to be removed?
- Which direction does your residence face? This is important because if you put your deck facing the sun, you might need to think how you will get shade from the sun’s heat. Otherwise, your deck may simply be usable. In this case, a good deck builder will suggest you incorporate lattice barriers into the design. These offer shade from the sun and also give protection from brisk winds.
- This is very important. You must make sure that your deck design offers you privacy from your neighbors.
- Your deck should look like an extension of your house. If you do not have the skills necessary for designing a deck that blends well with your house, you should think about hiring a professional deck builder like us 🙂
- The most common deck building material is wood, like cedar and redwood, which can be either stained or sealed. You can also opt for recycled plastic materials in composite decks.
We’ll assist you with planning the deck of your dreams. Give us a call to schedule a free estimate!